Athletes in San Antonio, TX, Can Get Free Athletic Mouthguards at Cochran Orthodontics
At Cochran Orthodontics, we have been providing world-class orthodontic care to the community of San Antonio, Texas, and beyond since 1985. Our goal is to transform each smile to its fullest potential and deliver an unparalleled level of service and satisfaction. We believe that a beautiful smile and healthy teeth are essential for overall well-being, confidence, and success in life—that’s one reason why we offer free athletic mouthguards to young athletes in the area to protect their teeth.
Why Bother Using Athletic Mouthguards?
If your child participates in basketball, football, martial arts, bicycling, lacrosse, or gymnastics, it’s a good idea to invest in an athletic mouthguard for them. A mouthguard can protect their teeth, jaw, and gums from injury and their orthodontic appliance from damage. Mouthguards prevent the teeth from being chipped, fractured, or knocked out and protect the lips and cheeks from wounds due to chipped or broken teeth. If your child completed dental or orthodontic treatment recently, then it’s even more critical that they wear an athletic mouthguard during sports.
Custom-Fitted Mouthguards for Young Athletes
While it’s true you can purchase pre-made mouthguards from your local sporting goods store, a custom-fitted mouthguard can make a huge difference in the comfort and degree of protection it provides. At Cochran Orthodontics, your child’s oral health and safety are important to us. Our experienced head orthodontist, Dr. Cochran, creates oral appliances from scratch so they fit well in your child’s mouth and allow proper breathing while providing appropriate protection from a sports injury. We use only high-quality materials that are tear-resistant, comfortable, and easy to keep clean.
Easy Tips for Keeping Athletic Mouthguards Clean
Keeping your mouthguard clean is important not only for hygiene reasons but also to maintain its effectiveness and durability over the long term. Here are some tips for cleaning your athletic mouthguard:
- Store Properly: When you’re not using it, store your mouthguard in a sanitary, ventilated container to allow the appliance to stay clean and dry.
- Rinse After Use: After each use, wash with mild soap, toothpaste, or denture cleaning tablets and a soft-bristle toothbrush. Use cold or lukewarm water—hot water can deform the mouthguard.
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Clean your teeth and gums before using the mouthguard in order to prevent the transfer of bacteria.
- Check for Damage: Inspect your mouthguard regularly for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks, holes, or warping. Replace it if you notice any damage. If you have any concerns about your mouthguard, bring it up with your orthodontist.
By following these tips, you can prolong the life of your athletic mouthguard and ensure that it continues to offer invaluable protection while playing sports. Remember to bring it with you to routine checkups so that we can check the fit and replace it if needed.
Secure Your Child’s Free Athletic Mouthguards Today
Cochran Orthodontics offers FREE athletic mouthguards for young athletes in the San Antonio, Texas, area. To experience our 5-star-rated pediatric orthodontic care, schedule your Complimentary Cochran Orthodontics New Patient Assessment today by calling (210) 942-8117 to reach our orthodontic office. You may also click here for our convenient online form. Your appointment includes the following:
- Discussing Your Goals
- Thorough Exam & Digital X-Rays
- Going Over a Custom Treatment Plan
- Discussing Flexible Financing Options
During your appointment, we will take the time to answer all your questions about our advanced treatments and technology, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us!